Friday, January 16, 2009

surprise surprise



surprise surprise

i was unpacking 
some boxes
and bins
i had stored in
a friend's garage
for a while

and i came across 
a little box
i had hidden
and left for myself
almost a year
ago.

alas, the box
was a pack
of spirits.

wellwellwell
i'm a clever bastard

leaving a pack
of cigarettes
for myself 
to find like that.

(ha)

two or three were
gone,
apparently burnt away;
spent months ago
in some 
abandoned rundown 
carport
off of the 
main drag of that
college town

while loathing life
itself and my
inability to do 

anything right.

anyway, 
i'll slink away 
and find some 
quality time with 
my seventeen
or eighteen 
cylindrical, slim,
additive-free
friends. 

and now there's some-
one in front of me
twirling a pen around

and it's mesmerizing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment